2.21.2007

Best Time of the Year

They are here!!

After a childhood full of Girl Scouts, the last two years have been very sad because I have not had any Girl Scout cookies. No one came around selling them nor did I see them being sold in any grocery stores. After expressing deep sorrow and disappointment last year, Drew admitted that a co-worker had a child who had been selling him, but that he had declined to buy any.

WHAT!!!?!?!

How someone could make a mistake like that was unfathomable. I think Drew got the message though and yesterday he came home with five boxes of delicious Girl Scout Cookies. Now five is a reasonable amount, but I am still inclined to buy more. Does that make me crazy? I think not.

After all, Thin Mints keep very well in the freezer.

7 comments:

watie said...

Thin mints are, definitely, the best.

Kate said...

I agree with Watie!! I'll be over at 3!

Anonymous said...

Next tuesday my garage will be filled with 1,879 boxes of cookies.
Yes, I am the 'cookie mom' this year! Let me know if you want any more. :-)

the meredoerr said...

My dad was a cookie dad one year. The basement was stacked with piles of delicious cookies. It was blissful.

I might take you up on that offer. Drew didn't get any of the Shortbread variety, so if you wouldn't mind setting a box or two aside, I could grab them next time I'm in Omaha (May I think). Or perhaps Katie could bring them with her when she comes into town (sooner than May, I think).

Anonymous said...

Okey-doke!

bladio said...

I never would have taken Drew for being so insane as to not buy GS cookies when given the opportunity!

kww said...

Ahhh. Funny.
We usually would buy them at Simon's school, but no one did that this year. AND no one came to our house. AND I didn't realize you were the cookie mom momster. If this blizzard doesn't keep us in we may pay a visit to your garage...