2.05.2007

New York, New York

We got back from New York yesterday morning, in time to root our Bears on to victory. However, there must have been some confusion as to what was supposed to actually happen because the Colts came out and out-performed. Oh well, we can be glad for a fun season anyways.

So New York was fun and while it was cold it was not nearly as frigid as the Midwest currently is. Many thanks to all who allowed me to tag along with them while my honey was still back in Chicago.


A brief summary of accomplished items:

  • Watie, as always awed me with his artistic prowess, and his show was quite wonderful
  • Many museums were visited [including Dinosaurs, Picasso's and Vermeer's (Watie - I looked Vermeer up on the web and now really see what you mean about the girl in the same pose, by window, with table, etc. Crazy!)
  • Central Park was rode and walked through
  • Shoe sales were found (anyone know why all fancy shoe sales people are men?)
  • Clay Aitkin was seen (reminded me of Shaggy in Scooby Doo)
  • Stumbled upon the Empire State Building
  • A good yet very bizarre musical was seen (Grey Gardens) and was quickly followed by a return trip to Broadway to see Mary Poppins (a show you can't help but want to smile, sing and dance to)
It's a great city with an impossible amount of things to see and do. I already have a list of new things to do for the next time I go back.

2 comments:

kww said...

Can I come?
I miss you all ready!

watie said...

To answer our question re:fancy male shoe salesmen, please google:

fetish