Changes and Odd Lady
So a lot has happened since that raccoon attack. If you've checked out the other blog, you may have noticed Jack, the new focus in our lives. He is lovely and cute and an amazing pooper. He is currently asleep on my lap. I would really like to get up and fold some laundry, eat or even just straighten up a little, but no doubt that would wake him and we take our sleep when we can get it. He is actually a decent sleeper, it's just that Drew has been out of town the last few days, so it has been me and me alone. It hasn't been horrible, but I will be happy to have someone else be able to hold him when I need to go pee.
We celebrated his one month birthday on Monday by going to Sweet Occasions with some friends. I was holding Jack and just standing around waiting for people to get in line when this random lady approaches me. First thing I notice is that she is wearing an odd white trench coat and that she has chocolate on her chin. So she comes up to me and Jack and asks about him (how old, boy or girl, etc). She then launches into how natural I look holding him and how wonderful I am as a mom. I do not know this lady but appreciate her complimenting me and I thank her and figure that's that. I really want to step away from her because I feel very rude and I can't take my eyes off her chocolate chin. But then she starts inquiring about whether I am going to stay at home with him and how great that is and how I really need to stay hydrated and drink my fluids... Crazy lady, I do not need to discuss my liquid consumption with you. Get away.
Fast forward 15 minutes later when seven of us (plus Jack) are sitting around eating our various desserts. She comes back over to me and leans down as though to whisper in my ear and inquires as to whether she buy me a coffee or anything. "You need to keep your energy up," she says. "You need to get the frak away me", I think.
She leaves but then stops by several other random tables inquiring about who knows what.
It was a weird encounter and I hope to never see her again. I'm a bit of a regular at Sweet O. Let's hope she is not.
Also, would you have told a stranger about the food they had on their face? I couldn't decide at first. But then after she was annoying me, I took pleasure in the fact that she would wonder when she saw herself int he mirror just how long that chocolate smear had been there.
1 comment:
I think the chocolate on her face was serving a very important purpose: a warning sign saying 'keep away from me because I am a nosy weirdo'. So it is good you didn't tell her.
Post a Comment