7.22.2008

Torture

So I never get headaches. It's never been something that I have been afflicted with. Growing up I saw my dad and best friend get frequent migraines and could easily tell how much they sucked. I felt fortunate that I never had to experience that kind of intense pain.

Fast forward to last week. It was a rough week. Jack was fussy for a good portion of the week and on Wednesday I got a headache. It wasn't so bad. Annoying but not much else. It lasted into Thursday a bit and then went away for a while. Friday was a really bad day for Jack and also for me. And the headache came back. Saturday went ok. I was distracted with errands and Drew being home so the day went all right, although my head did hurt all day. Sunday it got bad though. I would be fine, hanging around with my boys, when all of a sudden I would get intense, throbbing pain on the right side of my head - from my temple, down into my jaw and my teeth too. I couldn't handle holding Jack or doing anything really other than being curled up in a ball. This made me remember labor again. So I'm popping pain pills every four hours at this point with no really relief. I go to sleep and Jack gives me the gift of seven straight hours of sleep. I wake up thinking I am better. My head still hurts a bit, but I get up and showered and get Jack ready for the day and think the worst is past. Not so. Another spasm of pain hits (they last for about 15 minutes or so) and I completely fall apart. I'm screaming, Jack is crying, Caper is confused. It's bad. Drew comes home in the middle of the day and takes care of all of us.

Today the pain was here. Not so bad. More teeth and jaw pain than headache. My mom insists I go so someone. The doctor my OB refers me to says I can get in on August 4th. How is that helpful? So I go see my trusty dentist with the thought that there may be a small chance something is wrong with my teeth.

Turns out I should have seen him earlier. I'm scheduled for a root canal on next Tuesday. Joy.

3 comments:

Kate said...

That sucks. But at least you know what it is. Have fun with Dr. Sakamoto!

momster said...

Oh my goodness!!!!!
Good instinct you followed and hopefully you'll have relief soon. I'm glad you figured out what it was.

kww said...

I am so sorry lady.
I hope you feel better.
Love you,
Kww