10.30.2008

Five More Days

Hopefully we will have lots to celebrate next Tuesday! I am anxious to get to our local senior housing complex and vote. I don't ever think of myself as overly patriotic, but I really enjoy the feeling I get on election day when I see all sorts of people from my neighborhood doing their civic duty.

We don't have too much to worry about here in Illinois. In fact, although I figured it would be highly unlikely that I would be able to go, I did look into going to Grant Park downtown where Barack Obama will be having his party. Alas, you need tickets and they were long gone but the time I got around to looking for them.

We might have a little party of our own though.

How do you like our decorations?


2 comments:

bladio said...

I love your pumpkins!!

I always vote absentee because I've got a bad commute, but I'd like to vote in the 'hood and have that community vibe. Our county is going to absentee-only voting sometime in the future (not sure when it will take effect). Isn't that weird & lame? Really takes the neighborhood fun out of it.

Anonymous said...

Those are some damn fine lookin' pumpkins. I've always thought pumpkins should be more political.