10.22.2008

Fresh Look

I was bored with my old look, so I changed this site up just a little bit. It's nothing drastic, I know, but I can only handle so much change at a time.

On a completely unrelated note, if anyone has advice as to how to get my kiddo to take decent naps, please let me know. He sleeps great at night, but fights his naps everyday. And I mean FIGHTS! He can be utterly exhausted and he will still cry and fuss and cry some more. And then if/when he does fall asleep, it's for 30 minutes. Precisely. He has the uncanny ability to wake up after thirty minutes every time. If anyone needs an alarm clock set for thirty minutes, you can borrow Jack. It has to do with his sleep cycles, I'm sure. That is probably when he moves into a lighter sleep and instead of staying in it and falling deeper asleep, he wakes himself up. It is so frustrating and it makes it impossible to get anything else done in the house.

So, advice??

2 comments:

Kate said...

Wine always works well for me when I am trying to nap. But I suppose it will be a few years before he can partake....

momster said...

Sorry to hear that- how frustrating!I know how essential baby naps are to a mom!Maybe he is getting big enough to realize he might be missing out on something? Maybe try just letting him hang out in his crib for a while, even after he wakes up, so you can rest or get some things done?