7.20.2006

And so it begins...

So the inception of this blog is actually sad.

I have never been a writer. I have never enjoyed it. The whole purpose of my college career was to take classes that had minimal writing requirements. Darn those mandatory humanities classes! Give me a spreadsheet, a math problem or a petri dish and I'm golden. But give me a writing assignment and I fall apart and my innate abilities of procrastination start to shine.

So, blogging then seems like an idiotic choice for me. Why then? Well, I was somewhat blindsided recently when one of my dearest friends, who also happens to be my sister-in-law, got the opportunity of a lifetime. It's an amazing job experience that she will no doubt excel in. However, it requires her and her family to move away from the great city of Chicago.

Insert my tears and devastation here.

KWW, her husband and her two kids mean the world to me and the prospect of being so far away from them (well, ok, it's only 500 miles, but still that rules out weekly Sunday grilling) makes me very sad. While I know there will be family vacations and frequent visits back and forth, I also know it will not be the same. And so in an effort to keep up with each other and dish on all the latest gossip, I have decided to to start blogging. This way I hope I can keep them and anyone else up-to-date with what's happening with our new house, our crazy dog and any potential baby news whenever that becomes a reality.

A few rules for my site:

Comment, comment, comment. I want to hear from you.
However, do not comment on my writing skills - that would just be cruel.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

kww said...

I am so happy you have a blog. I promise to comment often. I love you so much! I am sad too.

Anonymous said...

Meredith! Welcome!
I'm really glad you are jumping on board. Do not follow my example, though. My sister is mad at me for not posting for so long.
CTM, I promise I'll do it soon!
I look forward to more, more, more from ScoobyDrew.