7.28.2006

I Like Pad Thai

So the closing went smoothly, despite the time suddenly changing from noon to 10:30. That was no problem for me but a bit of an issue for Drew. But we got the keys and after work yesterday, Drew carried me over the threshhold. That was a bit awkward since the dog was going insane and the elbow slammed into the wall, but it's the thought that counts.

When we closed on our condo two years ago, we had KWW and family over and ate take-out Thai on the floor. It was all quite delicious even when the soup went flying. So in homage to our first home, we again had take-out on our floor with the Chicago family. As you can see from the picture, Caper is very interested in Simon's chicken wing. No soup was spilled last night but we did have a little beer on the floor.

After everyone left, Drew and I set out to determine how we want the house painted. There are lots of dings, scratches and marks on the wall and a new layer of paint will really freshen the house up. I think we have the colors decided, however I am little concerned since our color wheel is two years old that they have changed all the names of the colors we like. A trip to Thybony may be in store today.

It's all kind of unbelivable, that this whole house is ours and we can do whatever we want with it. It is hard to not start moving things in right away. But I think we will be happy to have all the painting done with by the time we move in.

3 comments:

bladio said...

your dinner looks super-fun. i wish i coulda been there!

congrats on your new house, that is so exciting!! i'm also glad to see what caper looks like.

Anonymous said...

Very wise to paint FIRST!
I love the beautiful wood floors. :-)
Congratulations!

kww said...

It was great--the house is awesome. What I want to see is pictures of the hammock!

I didn't know Drew carried you over the threshold--that is sweet! Did he do that at your condo too? Sorry about your elbow!

By the way, Kate says the best pad thai is in Omaha at Bangkok House or something like that--I don't know if that is right or not--but we will definitely have to check it out!

YAY! Congratulations! By the way--excellent use of the photo