12.11.2006

Good Times

The weekend was a flurry of activity. Usually, Drew and I always complain about how quickly weekends seem to fly by and how we never make the most of them. That was not the case this weekend however. Cookies and bars (the wooden variety not the edible kind) were made (see below), many drinks were consumed, a potluck was had, secret Santa presents were exchanged, a Pictionary prowess was discovered and sleep was not found until after 5am Sunday morning. Being up that late was not all that bad, even though it's been quite a while (perhaps back to the days of writing papers in the CMC) since I had done it. I was amused when we finally got into bed and I told Drew that I bet he would fall asleep by 5:04 (it was 5:00 when I said it). Now, Drew falls asleep notoriously fast, but even I thought four minutes would be quite the feat. However, Drew once again proved victorious when he started snoring before the clock switched to 5:01.

Pauline's cured our hangovers and we were in fine shape to watch the Saints kick some Tony Romo ass last night. Way to go boys! Here's hoping the Bears follow their example tonight

And now, please all ooh and awe over the bar Drew and friends built this weekend. I'll admit I was skeptical at first but I was quickly won over when at the end of the night no blood was lost and it appeared only a complete drunk or a Bears lineman could ever break it.

What a nice looking group!

3 comments:

kww said...

Dang!!! I can't believe it!
Oooh! AHHH! I am in awe!
Love ot you guys,
Katie

the meredoerr said...

I also did not believe that he would actually make it...

Anonymous said...

Drew, I bow to your perseverence in the face of such great obstacles. You are a continual inspiration to all of is who pine (lame pun intended)for a bar in the basement.

Watie