Egad!
So I am always amused when the answer to a crossword clue is 'egad'. It's a funny word that I never ever hear anyone use.
However, it is quite appropriate because I needed some sort of "mild exclamation" due to my complete lack of posts lately. For a while I had absolutely nothing to say and then things got extremely busy and I haven't had a moment to sit down at the computer. I'm only lucky enough to write this now because Drew kindly offered to cook up dinner tonight. Yummy stir fry.
So a brief run down of things that have happened recently and could have been blog worthy but now seem to be too far in the past to devote a whole entry to:
- Had a date night with Drew, during which we saw a play at the Steppenwolf
- Went to Omaha to celebrate Simon's 5th birthday and helped Katie make five chocolate cakes
- Attended the opening game of the White Sox and sat behind large, old, lecherous men
- Met A and B's new baby, Jocelyn!
- Had 5/6 of the family from Omaha in town for Easter weekend and had a delicious meal at R and K's
- Ate too many jelly beans
- Bought a puurrrty dress for Umezakisauce's wedding
- Babysat for Eloise while KWW attended the AERA conference. Cutest. Baby. Ever.
- Set up our first meeting with the dog trainer
- Got Showtime so I can now add The Tudors and This American Life to my TiVo To Do list. Not that I need more shows to watch...
1 comment:
I love the word EGAD! It seems to be in the same genre as 'Zoinks'!
Post a Comment