4.15.2007

Yum!

Breakfast is not very special for me. I never desire a really big meal in the mornings and am usually completely content with a bowl of cereal or a piece of toast. Some say breakfast has the best foods and is their favorite meal of the day. To them, I emphatically say in my best Simon imitation,"BLECH."

However...

(You had to know that was coming)

... this morning I ate pure heavenly bliss. At our favorite local breakfast shop, m. henry, my month long craving for key-lime pie was fulfilled. I ordered the key lime brioche french toast and was so wonderfully satisfied that I would not have hesitated to lick the plate had we not been sitting by the window and had not been people looking in on us.

Let me just describe this delectable creation for you. The base is two large pieces of french toast. It's brioche toast and while I don't really know what that means or how it differentiates itself from other toast, it is quite delicious. In between the two pieces and spread out on top is delicious cream and lime curd. And while the word curd does not sound very appetizing, trust me when I say it's to die for. Sprinkled on top of the toast is powdered sugar, graham cracker crumbs and fresh blue/black/raspberries.

I wish I had a picture of both the dish and my face as I was enjoying it because that would convey my joy over my breakfast meal much better than a bunch of words. But what are you going to do.

2 comments:

bladio said...

this sounds absolutely soooo delicious!

kww said...

Mamie--yum.