Back
So I've been gone. Now I'm back. We were in Florida for the fourth and it was lovely as usual.
Some fairly non-exciting things have occurred since I've been gone, including, our basement flooding, our dishwasher being recalled and the continued presence of mice poop but no sightings of actual mice.
I think we have all those things taken care of for the most part, although cleaning out the basement did force us to throw out a lot of soggy items including a bunch of pictures, which was depressing.
I dreamt about rattlesnakes and a really large spider, a tarantula perhaps, last night. What's up with that?
My love of tennis has returned. Ok, not that it ever really disappeared, it's just that I never got myself out to play and when I did I would only feel depressed because I knew I used to be a much better player than I currently am. Perhaps Wimbledon provided the spark that got me back out on the court again. I was enthralled with the Nadal/Federer match. Drew and I had a great time playing the other night and there were even glimpses of my former self.
The heat has passed. As it has been all over the country, Chicago had been suffering a major heat wave. But it passed over night and now I'm sitting on the deck in glorious 70 degree sunny, non-humid weather. Me likes.
Caper is sweet. I think he is getting sweeter and calmer by the day. I still worry about the day when we have kids and he barks his high-pitched bark and makes me want to strangle him for waking them. But I will continue to hope that as he ages his voice becomes more mellow and he realizes the mail woman is really not worth the bark.
And that's all that I've got.
2 comments:
I think it has definitely been proven that mice poop can and do exist in the complete and total absence of mice. they, uh, are left by unsuspecting human visitors.
like Nate, perhaps. I'd check on him first.
Nate was at our house last night...
Interesting. This may indeed require some investigation.
Post a Comment