7.31.2007

Automatic Flush Toilets

Do they ever work? Seriously. Ever?

I don't understand why they are showing up in all public places. Establishments are actually choosing to replace normal flush toilets with toilets that begin to flush two seconds after you start to pee. And then after you actually finish and want to make the toilet flush again, despite frantic waving hand gestures, the "seeing eye thing" pretends it is suddenly blind.

Does this make anyone else's head hurt?

2 comments:

kww said...

Tonight we were at a wedding, and Simon went into a stall in the women's restroom and I held the door, and the toilet kept flushing, but I didn't realize it was an automatic, so I kept saying --Are you done? Are you all right? And Simon was like, I can't help it!

So there you have it...wasteful...yes wasteful.

Anonymous said...

My daughters HATE those things! They are scared by them because when you are small, the trigger thing doesn't always recognize that you are sitting there. I also hate them for a selfish reason. Becasue of them, I have to go in the stall with each of my daughters and hold my had over the 'eye' until they are done. Yech.