1.07.2008

How To Gain Weight

Last week we had our 20 week check-up at the doctor. All is good with the baby. Cute as ever and three days ahead of schedule in terms of growth. All the vital organs were checked out and spine and appendages too, and everything seems to be proceeding very nicely.


However, my doctor claims I have only gained one pound during the pregnancy. I contend otherwise but figure a fight with the lady who will be delivering our child may not be the wisest decision. So, the average at this point is 11 pounds. She is not really concerned yet since the baby is right on track with growth and the fundus is where it should be (don't know what a fundus is, no worries, you probably don't have one). 

But I left the office with the distinct impression that I have got to do some serious work and gain some weight by the end of the month for my next appointment. So, of course I went home and had a huge bowl of ice cream followed up by a s'more. However, I'm not sure that will be the healthiest way to put on weight. Anyone have ideas of how to put on the pounds smartly? 

******

Completely aside, it is 65 degrees outside and thundering. And it's January 7th. That's just not normal.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I bet Sweet Occassions could help you!

momster said...

Um. I have never ever had that problem. But, perhaps more carbs? Just a thought. And Girl Scout Cookies? The sale is starting soon!