LaGuardia
Our hopes of flying stand-by an hour earlier than scheduled were dashed when we realized that there wasn't an earlier flight. Probably should have checked into that before we left
I bought People, my ever reliable magazine that consistently distracts me from the terror that sometimes is all encompassing during take-offs. But it's whole purpose is to provide me with something new and amusing to look at, such as a shirtless David Beckham* limping around L.A., so I must leave the magazine rolled up in my backpack until we are taxiing down the runway and I can compare my choice of who's best dressed on page 7 with Drew's opinion.
Drew is reading the WSJ and is not very entertaining while he does that. Although he did just came up with an interesting moral dilemma for which I have no answer. Should criminal charges against someone be dropped if the defendant is severely ill (i.e having three different kinds of cancer)?? It has something to do with a Hewlett Packard scandal, I'm not really sure.
Moving on...
So you may all be wondering why I'm in a
However, then I had to bring Sexy Back (i.e. Justin Timberlake came into town, Kate had tickets and ten of us rocked out Tuesday night at his concert).
So that was AWESOME, but it delayed my plans for NY. I came out yesterday morning on an absurdly early flight, which meant I only slept for 4 1/2 hours**, but it did enable me to meet up with Drew for lunch, get some belated birthday shopping done and take a tour of the NBC studios. I saw Studio 8H, where they shoot SNL and am now incredibly impressed with what that show is able to do.
Last night we went out for a lovely romantic dinner at Piano Due before seeing Spring Awakening. Following the musical, when asked for comments, Drew said, "with its fiery orchestration and even more incendiary treatment of the trials and tribulations of growing up, Spring Awakening is a triumphant tale, a coming-of-age story set many years ago yet remains relevant in today's turbulent times." If that doesn't make you buy your tickets today, then let me just add that there is also nudity!
Today I walked a gadrillon miles around the upper west side hoping to spot Madonna carting around all her kids or perhaps buy a bagel from a vendor who had just sold a muffin to Reese Witherspoon. Alas I did not see any celebrities***. But I made it to the Frick museum and spent a long time in there looking at the art. Since I didn't have my preferred art aficionado (Watie, where were you?!), I got the audio guide and felt very knowledgeable and cultured when I left. I'd recommend it to you all.
Ok, our plane has arrived and GateGourmet is now loading it with several expensive food items that no one will buy. No worries, I have pretzels and Reese's for the trip. Combined with People and Drew, I think I'm set.
* I personally don't really care a wit about Becks (as Drew and teen girls everywhere is fond of calling him) but apparently he sells magazines.
**Anyone else wake up all the time when you know you can't be late for something the next morning?
***I'm pretty sure I saw Mary Tyler Moore in midtown yesterday though.
No comments:
Post a Comment