3.19.2007

Title Woes

Often I am at a loss as to what title I should give a post. I want it to be topical, inviting, humorous and intriguing. Perhaps that is asking too much of 4-6 words. Anyhow, thinking about titles reminded me how in college I always hated titling a paper and I didn't even have any of the above criteria. I would save it until the very end (that often meant an hour before the class started) and then usually slap on a title that was very boring and basically summed up my thesis of the paper. For example, the title of my comps paper, senior year in college:

Translocation of effector proteins in type III secretion systems of Yersinia: An investigation into the lcrGVsycDyopBD operon

Talk about a mouthful. Who would want to read a paper with that title? I didn't even give my readers a chance.

1 comment:

kww said...

I tried to post a comment here yesterday...something like, I would like to say I would read anything you wrote Mamie, but I don't know how to read even half those (are they words?) in the title.