3.23.2007

Reign Over Me?

I like Don Cheadle. I think he's a good actor that can easily transition from drama to comedy.

I also like Adam Sandler. Billy Madison cracks me up every time I see it. Plus, I always enjoyed it when he pulled out his guitar and sang a rhyming song on Weekend Update on SNL.

We saw them both in a movie tonight. And I like Cheadle and Sandler together. They seem to have good chemistry. However, this movie didn't feel right to me. One too many random subplots that never got developed (even if it had, I think it would still be bizarre).

The other problem was the theater audience. I felt like everyone was very distracting (perhaps this just indicates that the movie wasn't able to hold my attention). However, I kept wondering about the mom and the three younger boys (10-12 yrs) who were a few seats behind me and must have come into the movie thinking it was a typical Sandler comedy. Had I been the mom, I would have been extremely uncomfortable during the sexual conversations the characters were having. And then there was the girl two seats down from me, there by herself, who would laugh enthusiastically (yet it sounded fake and hollow) at anything that might have been remotely intended to be a joke (yet still wasn't that funny). And she was checking her cell phone constantly and going in and out of the theater multiple times. There were also the three older-ish ladies who left (very noisily - laughing, clearly not upset) the movie a hour and 45 minutes into it. Why couldn't they stay for the last 20 minutes? Finally, there was the woman who ran into the theater and yelled to whoever she was with that they "have to leave now and to hurry." That seemed concerning.

Anyways, all of these things along with a strange movie at least made our evening entertaining.

No comments: