And We're Back
So the Bahamas were fantastic. As Jamie proclaimed proudly in a confused game of "make your own Scruples", Bahamas vacations are awesome!
We were there for seven wonderful days and it was perfect week of relaxation. I read three whole books while lounging in the hammock, beach and porch. We swam everyday in the crystal clear aquamarine water. We snorkeled, sailed, boated (is that a word?), toured the island on a golf cart, visited Hope Town, played bocce ball, poker (Straight Flush, holla!), boggle, a super fun Peruvian card game and Apples to Apples. We dined on delicious food every night even though some improvisation was needed because the grocery selection was limited.
Drew and I both feel really lucky to have been able to take this vacation and I very appreciative to Jamie and Melissa for their wonderful hospitality. You guys are the best!
We got back late Friday night into Mpls, went to a wedding on Saturday and then rented a 15' Budget truck and drove it back to Chicago Sunday afternoon. I had never rode in a big truck very far before and found it to be loud, noisy, bumpy and loud. But we made it safe and sound and unloaded all the furniture and boxes of childhood stuff (including a t-shirt with a puffy paint diagram of a Euglena, high school yearbooks, tennis trophies and random art projects from elementary school).
My parents came into town yesterday to help out with household projects that range from planting lilies of the valley and rhubarb (my mom and I knocked that out this morning) to power-washing, staining and sealing the deck. They are the best and our house would never get put together without them!
Posts may still be sporadic this week and no pictures until we get the big computer up and running. But don't worry, the Bahamas pics will be up as soon as possible.
4 comments:
Yay! Welcome back. Sounds awesome and I can't wait to see the pics.
Awwww, Mere. Thank you and Drew for making the Bahamas vacation awesome. I'm glad to hear that you got to the wedding and back home safely!
Also: you are nasty when it comes to poker. I feel very strongly that we were all hustled.
Glad youre back! And that you had a good time!
Glad to hear you guys had a good time. We're so glad you could join us.
"Bahamas Vacations Are Awesome" has just finished post-production and is on its way to a limited release soon. Coming to a computer screen near you.
Post a Comment