8.01.2006

My Thumbs Are Not Green

Hopefully they will be soon because we have a big yard full of all kinds of plants that I don't know much about. But the previous owners did leave us with a sprinkler system all set up, so I don't have to worry too much about things dying in this incredibly miserable heat.

Yesterday I went to the nearby garden store and bought some flowers to plant in our front planters. There had been some weird, non-colorful and uninteresting green plant in them but since the previous owners moved out a month before the closing, they got a bit neglected and were a nice crisp yellow. So I planted the flowers you see below. Not hard work at all and in truth I have done my fair amount of planting at my parent's house while growing up. But I was only outside for ten minutes working on them and I was sweating like crazy. For my personal sanity and the sake of our electricity bill, I hope this heat wave ends soon.

4 comments:

kww said...

Sweet Meredith--the flowers look bee-u-tiful! I can't wait to see them in person.

I think everyone should just stay at our house. Then everyone else could allow their air conditioning a rest and I wouldn't feel as guilty for running ours as Hard as it can go.

What do you say? Overnight in the living room? Watie slept in the basement last night.

Anonymous said...

A beautiful yard already!

the meredoerr said...

We actually did have overnight guests last night. Kate and Roger still had no electricity so they came over and crashed at midnight!

Umo said...

You have a yard! With flowers in it! Very nice. Our "yard" consists of a barely-alive Christmas cactus and two shoots of bamboo on a bookshelf.

It looks gorgeous...