I Ruined Christmas
So I just want everyone to know that I tried to be as nice as possible to the lady from Comcast (as well as the other 5 people from there that I have talked to). Because really it's not their fault. They didn't make the policy.
During the winter break of my freshman year at Carleton, I worked at Rivertown Traders, a catalog company that was a part of Target Corp. They hired seasonal workers and lucky for me I got a six week break from school and therefore time to make some money. So one day I get a call from a lady who is calling about her order. Everything is computerized, so I look up her stuff and see that one of her things is backordered. I explained to her (in a nice way) what the situation was and gave her an estimated date of arrival. She then proceeded to scream, yell and curse at me because I had personally "ruined her son's Christmas."
Now perhaps I was emotionally fragile at the tender age of 18, but the second I left the building that day I sobbed. My mom picked me up and I remember just crying and crying for what seemed like hours because there was a woman somewhere out in the world that hated me and blamed me for giving her son a horrible Christmas morning. I actually think I would still cry that hard today if it happened. But ever since then I try not to get angry at the people on the end of the phone because I have been in their shoes. But, wow, I now sure do understand that lady's frustration and anger.
So I hope the Comcast people I have spoken to have understood my frustration and reported it through what every channels they have to go through. And I hope they also have not felt at all upset or worried that I was mad at them. I have done my best to clearly express my feelings about their policy and only hope they have heard.
1 comment:
Oh sweet sensitive Mamie! I can't believe that woman--I will hate (or strongly dislike her) from afar. Do you remember her name? I know you had to know it once upon a time. Then I can have a focus for my negative energy toward this hideous woman who hurt you so!
Post a Comment