8.28.2006

Tennis Ladies


So back in the day I used to be quite good at tennis. I played in high school, mainly doubles, and we actually got second in state our junior year. Now I have a limpy forehand and a non-existent backhand. I still can serve and volley though!

My social network at that time consisted almost entirely of tennis girls. I have stayed in touch with a few of them and attended one of their weddings last week. It is crazy how much has changed with all of us and yet how we are still so much the same.



And here is Kirsten, my best friend since nursery school. Our favorite activity used to be to go over to her house, curl up on the couch, read books and eat popcorn. Seriously, we wouldn't talk, we'd just read for hours.

Good times.

2 comments:

the meredoerr said...

recognize the dress?

Anonymous said...

Turns out you CAN wear a bridesmaid dress again! :-)
A reading friend is a true best friend.