1.06.2007

Camp Out

I can't tell you the last time we slept on our hide-a-bed. I'm even starting to wonder if we ever have...surely it must have been done. But if not then we are definitely inaugurating it tonight. You see, our carpet is coming!! Yay! Finally, after months of indecision and waiting, new carpet will be installed in all of our bedrooms tomorrow. While Caper may miss the useful scratching tool that is our old carpet, I will not miss its ugliness, stains or lack of softness and color.

However, because we are cheap and didn't want to pay the carpet guys the crazy amount of money that they would surely charge us, we had to move all of our furniture out of the bedrooms. And while many of you have not been to our house, some of you have and may then have a slight understanding of what a pain in the ass that was. Thankfully we had friends who came and helped (and brought Dairy Queen - an added bonus). So now all the rooms are empty upstairs (well except for the bathrooms because that is where we shoved all the furniture) and it looks like we never moved in. Caper is a bit freaked out and will not come inside the house even though I would think Drew and I perched on the sofa in the family room would seem quite inviting.

We're camping out Caper! It's time to freakin' come in.

3 comments:

kww said...

I can't wait to run my bare toes through the plush that is to come shortly! YAY!

Sorry about the furniture thing though--they are supposed to move stuff as part of the deal (in my mind anyway)--I mean carpet is freaking EXPENSIVE enough as is.

love up that caper for me,
kww

kww said...

so how is that new carpet?!

momster said...

Is it in, yet? Do you love it?
Yay for new carpet!