It Would Have Been Helpful
So I guess I could consider myself as part of the medical profession (even though I'm unemployed). So one would guess that I understand illness, its etiology, symptoms, drugs and prognosis, etc. But problem number one with nursing school is that you don't learn much that is applicable to your own life. I mean in a sense that is a good thing because that means I'm not nor is anyone I know in the hospital or suffering from a chronic disease. [Knock on wood] And while at one point in my life I may have kicked ass on a hospital floor, it would also be helpful to relieve my own meager suffering just this one time.
However, we don't learn about the things that plague the typically healthy person and may inhibit them from enjoying the day or getting out of their pajamas but doesn't necessitate a trip to the local ER. Like a damn cold. I think I could feel better about my current sickness if I could just explain how my body is capable of producing an unmeasurable amount of green goo that is constantly flowing from my nose. Maybe I just skipped the class that covered that.
I'd google it but I'm fearful of what images I might find.
3 comments:
My drug dealer friend (she is actually a drug sales rep) swears by 'Airborne'. When we were in Iowa for Christmas, I was in my second day of a cold. My mother-in-law had some Airborne so I tried it. I do believe it helped a lot! My symptoms were less severe than usual and didn't last as long. Often my colds end up with a nasty sinus infection which did not happen this time. Anyway, maybe it's worth a try?
Thanks!
(I love that you can say you have a drug dealer as friend!)
Mamie! Feel better--sending mental images of chicken soup your way.
Post a Comment