EEEK!
So I clearly jinxed myself the other day when I was filling out a survey. When asked what I was afraid of I wrote down three things: spiders, rodents and flying.
Now, flying I have come to tolerate. Although I still do occasionally cause all the blood to leave Drew's hand because I squeeze so hard. There has been no need for amputations...yet.
Now spiders suck. I know, I know, they are supposed to be good luck. But I find them gross and think they have at least four too many legs yet their webs are so indestructible I am almost in awe of them. But I haven't had any nasty run-ins with them lately and whenever I do, my personal super hero comes to my rescue.
But today while watching some mindless TV in the family room, I saw something out of the corner of my eye. And there scampering in my kitchen was a mouse. Now I may be biased, but the mouse looked BIG. So there I was paralyzed in my chair yet really needing to call Drew to tell him what I saw. So being the freak that I am, I climbed over furniture (chair to stool to island to another chair) in order to get to the phone without touching the floor. Clearly, I'm psycho because it's not as though this poor mouse is crouching around the corner just waiting for my toes to hit the ground so that it can pounce.
But it might have been. Hence the climbing.
You may be wondering where Caper was during all of this, after all he does have many cat-like tendencies and perhaps they include catching mice and depositing them at my feet (cross your fingers that this never happens because I would seriously lose my $%&! if it did). He was outside though so he missed all the excitement.
Anyways, the thing that bothers me the most about all of this is that there has been many times where I thought I had seen some sort of motion in the kitchen area but never actually saw something to confirm it. So have we had mice friends for months now?
Yikes! I'm freaking out.
4 comments:
You know those little things...surely they are more scared than you. Besides, whatdo they eat? Toes? no, just a crumb here or there. Nothing you'll miss.
Don't freak out...now there there..
(please note soothing and reassuring tone of message)
Watie
We've had 3 or 4 critter-visitors over the years in our house too. One time Momster had a very similar experience to yours, and I was out of town. She eventually decided she didn't want to be roommates with a mouse until I got back from my trip, so she went all Rambo on its a$$. Don't cross the Momster!
But the other times she made me get them.
I was reading the paper at the coffee table while sitting on the floor and that mouse had the AUDACITY to run under the coffee table and actually brush up against my legs! I could not believe the nerve of him. All I could think about was him crawling up my bed and across my face in the night!
So, I killed him DEAD.I admit it without remorse.
P.S. We figured out that he came in through the dryer vent.
I just remember the time Watie STOMPED on the mouse in our condo...not humane, nope not at all.
But he is now and forever, my mousekiller.
Post a Comment