5.24.2007

High?Lights

Our final evening was a night of laughter. At least for Kate and me. It consisted of a "banquet" (quoted because the food was blech) and an award ceremony.

Imagine if you will:

Approximately one hundred white, middle-aged +, wealthy women screaming and hollering while dancing to YMCA. Or perhaps doing the train around the room, weaving in between tables. How about the electric slide? It appeared as though these women had been waiting the whole week to cut loose and take a turn on the dance floor. They were insatiable. I wish I had photos to share with you all.
Another highlight was when Peggy Kirk Bell, the 85 year-old founder of the golf school and apparently a First Lady of Golf pulled her wig off for no discernible reason.

Awards were given out and our table was quite fortunate. I won a visor for being the youngest Golfari participant. Our foursome in our playing level won for lowest number of putts! Then Kate kicked ass and won our table golf towels when she was able to name all the songs they played snippets of during a random contest.

Tomorrow we have a couple hours of instruction and then we are off to Raleigh/Durham.

The fun times just keep coming.

2 comments:

kww said...

Um, did my mom participate in this "dancing"?

Good lord.

Kate said...

I could not have described it better!