As My Witness
So I am just going to put this out there for the all the world to read with the thought that having other people know what I'm trying to do will keep me honest and dedicated.
So, I'm trying to be good and exercise. Like regularly. I would really like to lose the weight that I have put on in the past two years or so. It's been hard to do this while at home during the day because food is just so accessible and I like nothing more than a tasty snack.
So, while I have been doing pilates twice a week for a year, I really need to mix it up with some cardio. So here is my plan that I am one week in to. Elliptical 5-6 times a week for 25ish minutes, working up in time eventually. This time is really nice now because it is basically the length of one episode of a sitcom. Last week I breezed through How I Met Your Mother, which was surprisingly funny and entertaining.
Also, I bought I pedometer and am going to try and walk 10,000 steps a day. Why 10,000? Well, because that is the number that deems me to be living an "active" lifestyle, according to some website out there. Plus, I figure that pushes me to take Caper on a good long walk every day, so we both benefit.
So, that's it folks. It hasn't been too painful so far. My hamstrings are a little tight but otherwise all systems are a go.
3 comments:
Hmm. I need to get some committment--it looks good on you babe
good luck meredoerr! i know you can do it!
The Elliptical machine is also a great way to really get your money's worth out of netflix. A new movie can be only 2 good workouts away!
Post a Comment