8.05.2007

Musically Inclined

Our weekend was primarily spent at Lollapalooza, the huge music festival now being held annually in Chicago's Grant Park. It's a three day thing, with music starting at 11 in the morning and going until 10 or so at night. Drew, being a major music guy, has been talking about going to it for the last two years, so this year I finally got the hint and gave him the tickets as a present.

I didn't know most of the bands, but the ones I heard were pretty good. Plus, one of my favorite groups, Snow Patrol, played and seriously rocked.

Overall, I had a good time although I found that I did not fit in well with the rest of the crowd goers, except for the fact that I was white (it was a bit depressing how non-diverse the crowd was). But I may have been the only one not drinking liquor. I declined smoking a variety of substances. Also, I did not have at least three visible tattoos. My male companion was not displaying his brand of boxer briefs because his shorts actually fit him. We both had shoes on and relatively clean feet. I had on sunscreen.

Needless to say, I was completely entertained with people watching. Among the thousands of people roaming the grounds, we saw a bunch of clever t-shirts that made us laugh and I kept track of them so I could share them with you.

In no particular order:

* Pickles are cucumbers soaked up in evil
* World's Best Lover
* I (heart) hot moms
* Don't drink pee
* Spin the Bottle Regional Champion
* McLusty
* DJ's scratch their 12 inch
* Eat Oysters...Get Lucky
* I'm not with stupid anymore

No comments: