A Day in the Life of Caper
We have been having some nefarious opossum (did everyone else know that you spell their name with an 'o') issues both at our condo and at our old house. Caper now has a training tool that is so accurate that our neighbor just rang our doorbell wondering if there was a dead opossum in our backyard.
(Ok, I looked it up. Opossums are in the western hemisphere and possums are in Australia.)
"Oh you pesky squirrel. Why don't you come down from that protective shelter of that pine tree so that I can chase after you and tear up Momma's yard. Come on, puh-lease? I can wait down here all day."
(The picture would have been better if I had been able to capture Caper with both of his front legs up on the tree.)
Ever the adventurer, Caper dives into the jungle of ferns with no fear. I am pretty sure he has seen more of the backyard than I ever have. Hopefully he is at least fertilizing it along the way.
"Yes, a walk! Finally, they have removed themselves from the indent of the couch and are taking me outside. I'm free, I'm free. Let's go! Wait no, I have to stop here...and here...and here. Yes, I must pee every five steps do you have a problem with that? Wait, what are you doing? Why are you checking your watch? Don't turn around, we just left. I don't care about football, we can miss the second half. You're kidding me right? You mean you only are walking me because it's half-time and no football was on? Argh."
2 comments:
Cute Caper!
When we first moved into our house, Scooby found a baby opossum in the backyard. I always thought they played dead when they were frightened. Maybe this one hadn't learned that yet, because he leaped up and bit Scooby right on the nose!
It was very undignified and insulting for our little pooch.
he is so cute!
Post a Comment