10.12.2006

Dearest Weather Gods,

First of all, let me apologize. I did not mean to confuse you when I started talking about my sweaters and my love for chilly weather the other day. I was simply trying to convey my appreciation for autumn and the beautiful weather that typically accompanies it. I'm not sure what exactly misled you, but I was certainly not requesting an early winter. Perhaps this morning you were just a little bit lazy or tired and snow showers were just easier than a sunny beautiful morning. But I contend that October 12th is too early for runners in Lincoln Park to be wearing mittens. I should not have to use my windshield wipers to remove the snow. It's not even Halloween yet. If you insist on throwing down the snow, then at least it should melt immediately instead of building up on the tree limbs, lawns and rooftops. I had no plans on shoveling today, yet unless it gets warmer my deck will need to be dealt with. That's just not fair. I mean if there is shoveling to do, at least let Drew be home to help me with it. Now I understand it's not your fault that the lite was playing "It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas", however they would not have played it had skyscrapers and high-rises not been obscured by the wintry weather you insisted on producing this morning.

So I am going to assume this was just a big miscommunication and that you will be back in the game tomorrow. I'm looking forward to feeling the warmth of the sun on my face again.

Sincerely,
the meredoerr

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, Meredith? What is that a picture of?

kww said...

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. Its like snow on ginger, or werid fuzzy worms, or worse yet, dog poop in a funny pile with mold growing all over it.

Hate to be gross.
Especially having been gone so long.

DOn't forget to try big apple pancake--under the apple post.
Kww

bladio said...

i wanted to ask too but i wasn't sure what to say. ginger is the closest to how i was feeling, then i clicked on the pic and it's actually flowers.

Anonymous said...

It's much clearer when enlarged!
:-)

the meredoerr said...

see how snow can distort everything!

so yes, it's our mums covered with snow. sorry for the confusion!