Name Your Top Five
Songs, albums, movies, books, etc. Drew really enjoys making lists of his top five and is always up for a rousing game. I however find it very difficult to narrow down (let alone remember) such broad categories. Maybe I can come up with one or two, but then I have to order them and suddenly the game is asking me to name my all time favorite of something or another. Somehow these boys (it always seems to be boys who enjoy this game) can come up with their top five in less than five minutes. No way can I say with certainty what my favorite book is with only five minutes to think about it.
However, yesterday while unpacking sweaters (oh, how I love sweaters, fall and chilly nights) I came upon one of my favorite pieces of clothing. It is a wonderful J.Crew gray sweater that my mom gave to me and one to my sister years ago. It's just one of those sweaters that is warm and cozy and perfect with a pair of jeans. Or at least it was until I wore through the elbows. There are two huge holes in the elbows now, so I don't wear it out in public too often, but in the winter I wear it all the time around the house.
After finding it, I started to think of what my other favorite pieces of clothing are and I found it rather easy. First, my only piece of Tommy Hilfiger clothing - a red and blue horizontal striped shirt that I wear all the time. Then there is the orange long sleeved shirt that is starting to rip at the end of the sleeves and at the hem of the shirt. Both of these go wonderfully underneath the gray sweater. My fourth favorite clothing item would be my beloved Gap jeans that have holes from the mid-thigh down to the large gaping hole at the knees. I often put my foot through the knee holes when putting them on. I am proud that those holes were 100% produced by my own legs from years and years of wear.
So, the top four items were easy and came to mind immediately. The fifth though was more difficult and I admit that I perused my dresser drawers before deciding that a t-shirt I wear to bed would be the item that beat out all the rest. It is just a large t-shirt that has a picture of Daisy (our dog growing up) posed in front of a fireplace, silk-screened onto it. It's cute and reminds me of my childhood and the crazy brown shag carpeting we used to have. Although, it's too large and see-through to wear outside of the bedroom.
I was looking though our pictures in an effort to provide some visuals for my dear readers and came upon several examples. I also realized that my top three clothing favorites have not only been worn in each of the three Christmas photos that Drew and I have taken together, but also have been with me on some very important events.

Here the gray sweater can be seen peeking out from underneath the coat at a bed and breakfast that Drew secretly swept me away too during college.

Ah, yes, more drunkenness was to come and those poor overalls and orange shirt would sadly be a first-hand witness to my inaugural vomiting due to alcohol consumption.

And here's the red and blue shirt on the day we brought our sweet Caper home.
Now you have seen way too many pictures of me and my clothes but now you at least know why I wear those same raggedy clothes all the times.



2 comments:
this is a great post and are you guys too cute or what? i'll do some thinking about my favorite clothes.
This is such the greatest blog post ever. I love the photographic evidence.
Post a Comment