10.26.2006

Pumpkin Party!

It has been a long time since I have carved a pumpkin. For sure not since college and I don't recall it even in college. So I was super psyched to hear that some of my other lady friends were up for some pumpkin carving fun! After dining on a very non-holiday appropriate feast of tacos, we inaugurated our new deck with pumpkin guts and seeds. It was great, even if somewhat chilly. We also discovered that the deck does not have ideal lighting for knife wielding, so the lovely pole that appears to be coming out of my head is actually a floor lamp we dragged up from the basement. Thank goodness for outdoor outlets.

I tried to express the greatness of this event on my dear pumpkin. Drew on the other hand tried to express his GREAT displeasure of the pumpkin smell. Can you guess which pumpkins are mine and Drew's? (I'll give you a hint. Drew's is not the one with the 'X' - that was in honor of our dear friend Xander who couldn't make it.)

5 comments:

bladio said...

i see a grouchy pumpkin 4th from the left. is that drew's?

momster said...

I, too, vote for #4 from the left. It's definitely got 'eewwwww!' written all over it.

the meredoerr said...

Right indeed! I believe Drew didn't breathe through his nose during the whole carving process.

kww said...

Drew, Drew, breathe through your nose...right Blade?

I love you guys and miss you and could you come hear and help us carve pumpkins because it is less than a week away and we haven't done it yet.
:(

bladio said...

oh geez, ya, "drew, drew - breathe through your nose" yikes, weird creepy kid times. meredoerr, i'm sorry for dropping your husband so his head hit the doorjamb.