10.30.2006

Excommunicated

My identity has been erased and I'm quite perturbed.

Somehow it has already been five years since I graduated from Carleton. Well, not quite, it will be in June, but they have already started to send us reminders and whatnot for it. Well, last week I received a letter (that did not really ring true to my Carleton experience but whatever) and a lovely reunion directory of all '02 graduates. As I flip through I come to the D's and see that the meredoerr is not listed. Ok, fine, they messed up. So they didn't have me listed under my maiden name like everyone else. Fine. So then I look in section three, which is specifically for cross-referencing birth names (i.e. your name while at college) to new names. And I'm still not there. Twenty-three ladies with name changes are listed, but I'm not. Did I not exist at Carleton? Not under the name they have for me, that's for sure. Maybe I'm overreacting but this pissed me off.

Carleton, give the meredoerr her respect.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you don't exist, how did they send you the letter?

the meredoerr said...

well, the current me exists but not the old me. I get all the mailings to my new name but since changing the name they seem to have deleted the old me.

And by me, I mean name.

overreacting, I know.

kww said...

Mamie--that is outrageous--I think I know a trustee you could talk to about this!

Sadness