10.02.2006

What? He's No Artist.

So I went to my first live football game ever. Ok, maybe that's not true. I did attend our homecoming football games in high school (maybe even one in college) but they weren't good nor did they play in a huge, packed, exuberant stadium. Last night, Drew and I went to see the Bears play because Watie couldn't be in town. And it was AWESOME. I did not believe that it could be as cool as it was. But I was completely into the game and clearly that made the difference because the Bears kicked ass. I still don't know all the players names, numbers, positions but I do think I know the 'Bear Down' song pretty well now.

During the game, our seat neighbor, Steve, asked us if we knew the guy who owned the seats. We said yes, he's our brother-in-law, etc. He then proceeded to tell us how great that Willy guy was. We agreed wholeheartedly while trying to correct his mistake. Finally, following a brief conversation regarding the guy Wiley (which I am sure Watie can sometimes be), he came to terms that Watie was a f***in' great guy and that he was in the FBI. At which point we could no longer argue with him.

So, sorry Watie, your cover is blown. But THANK YOU for the game. It was incredible!

2 comments:

Rudy! Rudy! said...

Seriously. The game was AWESOME. Thank you so much Watie for the chance to go. Meredith - I'm so glad you had a great time at the game!

Also, as great a guy as Steve is, I sort of get the feeling that he might have a crush on Watie. He did say: "I f***in' love that guy" several times. Katie, look out -- somebody thinks got a crush on your International Man of Mystery...

Rudy! Rudy! said...

Incidentally, "Rudy! Rudy!" is actually Drew. One of Meredith's friends from High School insisted that I looked like Sean Astin from "Rudy" and then proceeded to chant it pretty much all night. Although I think I look nothing like the guy, I have now adopted it as my online persona.